Mecosta-Osceola Great Start Parent Coalition
What is the Great Start Parent Coalition?
The Mecosta-Osceola Great Start Parent Coalition (GSPC) includes parents, grandparents, caregivers, professionals, and community members who are involved with young children in Mecosta and Osceola counties.
Is the Great Start Parent Coalition for me?
YES! The Great Start Parent Coalition welcomes families who reside within the MOISD service area who are interested in the well-being of children. With a focus from prenatal to third grade.
What can i expect at a meeting?
The Mecosta-Osceola Parent Coalition meets once a month. Not only is this a great opportunity to get out of the house, we provide a free meal and childcare with fun activities for our youngest members! During our meetings you can expect:
- Discussions of local services and topics
- Presentations from local experts
- Opportunity to be a "voice"
- Opportunity to offer feedback
- Free materials & Resources
THE PURPOSE OF THE LOCAL GREAT START PARENT COALITION IS TO:
1. Strengthens the voice of parents in the community on behalf of young children.
2. Educate community members about the importance of early childhood investment.
3. Support the Great Start Collaborative's work toward achieving Michigan's early childhood outcomes.
4. Provide information, education and resources to families raising young children.
What to expect at a meeting?
Discussions of current topics
Presentations from local experts
Opportunity to be a "voice"
Opportunity to offer feedback
Free materials & Resources
Jodi Godbey, Parent Liaison
The Great Start Parent Coalition meetings are held once a month at the Eastwood Early Childhood Center 410 N. Third Avenue Big Rapids, MI 49307. If you would like to attend or have any further questions please contact Jodi Godbey, Parent Liaison.
Upcoming parent meetings 2017
January 27th 2017
February 24th 2017
March 10th 2017
April 28th 2017
May 20th 2017
(May 20th meeting will begin in Reed City at the community gardens)